Meet Your Richardson Dentist and Orthodontic Expert
Dr. Jan Ortiz
Dr. Jan Ortiz graduated from the University of Puerto Rico School of Dental Medicine in 2005, where he is from. Dr. Ortiz participated in several extracurricular activities and was an active member of the UPR Medical Sciences Student Council and the UPR School of Dental Medicine Student Council serving as president his last year. After finishing his dental degree at the top of his class, Dr. Ortiz obtained his Certificate in Advanced Graduate Studies at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine focusing in special needs and medically compromised patients.
Dr. Jan Ortiz received his specialty training in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics combined with a Doctorate in Sciences in dentistry from Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine. During his years doing his specialty training in Boston, Dr. Ortiz worked as a general dentist.
During his entire dental training, Dr. Ortiz was involved in numerous research projects and publications regarding bone metabolism. These research projects have enabled him to have a better understanding of bone behavior and ultimately, tooth movement.
Dr. Ortiz is an active member of the American Association of Orthodontists, the Boston University Alumni Association, and the American Dental Association. Currently, Dr. Ortiz is board eligible from the American Board of Orthodontists.
Dr. Ortiz enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, trying new recipes and watching sports.
- Ranked first in his class at University of Puerto Rico School of Dental Medicine.
- May 2005 named a member of the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society.
- U.P.R. School of Dentistry Faculty Award, given to the student with the highest academic achievements during the four years at the U.P.R. School of Dentistry
- American Association of Orthodontists Award given to the student who demonstrated the most proficiency in orofacial development.
- Angel Santiago Award Part I given annually to the UPR student with the highest score in the National Dental Boards Part I.